Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes, we are still alive

Hi, well after umpteen tries to get ont o my blog, I finally remembered the password. It is now written down with all my other passwords. OK, where do I start. We did go out to Colorado in Sept and had a blast. Pagosa Springs is a great place to vacation. We went rafting in New Mexico, did some pottery, spent the whole day a a spa where there was 13 different hot springs (got a massage too), took a buggy ride pulled by Clydesdale horses and had a bbq with a sing-a-long, and took a steam train up the the hills (9,000 ft) who can breathe up there? It was an old mining town called Silverton with old saloon bldgs etc. There were hot air balloon rides but Dexter nixed that. But we did get to see a bunch go up and that was a pretty sight. In Durango I bought to cowboy hats (what can I say, I line dance) and a beeeutiful gown to wear on the cruise. It was 300.00 somthing and I got it for 75.00. Some beads were missing (they had extra ones) and thre was a small mark on the bottom. I sewed the beads back on (don't think my eyesight will ever be the same) and I will take it to the cleaners just to have the bottom cleaned, I don't want them touching the beads. It is silk and a sorta the color of the inside of a shell. I'll try and send pix.
Then on to Ca where we saw lots of friends and relatives including our new great granddaughter Sophia. She was 6 months and very cute. We had a bbq at Liz ( my step-granddaughter) and all the grandkids were there and the great grandkids, from Liz and her brother Josh. It gets to become an extended family. But we got to see Rick's place...wow, 2000 sq ft of cleanliness, it gags you he is such a neat freak. Has decorated in gargoyles. Dave looks good and is a great grandpa. Not great great but just a grandpa that is great. HA.
On to Arizona to friends we have since the kids were little. Spent a week and had a good time. Then a week home. The whether had been great till we stopped in Sedona for the night and after Flagstaff it rained the whole way. Now we had already spent a $1,000.00 in LA on the car, had the tire fixed that had a nial in it in AZ, (I think) then the window on the driver's side decided not to go up so Dex kept using two hands to get it up and wedge matchbook or twigs or whatever was on hand to keep it up. Course I would slam the door or go over bumps and it would come down. He's gotta love me. I don't know why h e wouldn't get it fixed on the road. Turns out it was just something that came loose and was fixed in no time here at home.
OK, now we are home. Tom and Liz bought another house and I am so happy for th em. It's about 30 minutes west of their other house which they are keeing for a rental. The new one is three stories, has a porch, and is on 3/4 acre. Close to Ben's daycare (8 minutes) and closer to us.
We are going out next weekend to help paint two rooms. It has a tower for the third floor and it will be Tom's room and he likes that he has a door to close and keep the cats out.
My daughter-in-law took me to a spa for a late birthday present. I had different treatments and it was a fun day.
Rick turned 40.
I don't know if I told you about a painting I did (drawing actually using colored pencils) It won a gold medal here (four counties competeing) and it went to state finals and won third place. How 'bout that?
Mike is in Latvia right now getting ready to come home. Just messin' around there with two other guys from the embassy in Iraq. He goes on manuevers the 14th.
Getting ready for the cruise, (packing, etc)because once we are in NY and come home there won't be enough time.
OK, guess that's enough for now. I expect a picture of Reese and Liz'a new address, when she gets one, news about Maggie's boyfriend, and Rebecca what are you up to?
Barb, you should go to a hotel until your house is done!!!!!!!
Love to hear from all of you.
Teri and what's his name.

1 comment:

Barb said...

maybe when the house is done, we will be able to travel like you guys; i think we will be going to az in winter & oregon in summer. anyways, it sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. will keep you posted on the house, kids, etc.